Hybrid floorboards are 100% waterproof, modern planks that suit all living spaces. The Kodiak Hybrid Collection from Australian Select Timbers are an economical alternative for timber flooring yet still provides superior durability, comfort, and style. Installs over any flat, sound subfloor, or hydronic heated slab—no underlay required! The perfect complement to any shade of walls and cabinetry, SCENIC looks as beautiful as its name with the light taupe colour, deep brown undertones, and stronger woodgrain surface.
Package - 7 boards per carton (1.9152 SQM per carton)
Dimensions - Full boards are 1520mm x 180mm x 6mm
Per SQM - Starts at $39.95 for 120 SQM and up
Select your SQM in the options to see total price.
SCENIC is part of the Kodiak Hybrid Collection from Australian Select Timbers. These hybrid floorboards are a popular choice when looking for durable and cost-effective modern flooring. It mimics the surface appearance of traditional timber flooring for a fraction of the price, yet still offers superior durability and comfort.
Hybrid floorboards from Australian Select Timbers come in 152cm lengths and 18cm widths in lacquer matte finish. It boasts a 5-star acoustic rating for a soft and quiet feeling underfoot and perfect to install even in wet areas such as bathroom or laundry.
100% Waterproof Hybrid Floorboards
- WOOD APPEARANCE - Replicates the modern and beautiful aesthetics of natural timber flooring with its high print quality of grain texture and patterns
- HIGHLY DURABLE - Built with a protective wear layer, rigid limestone core, and cork backing for superior durability and stability
- WATERPROOF - Suits an entire home installation so you can achieve a seamless flooring, including kitchens, bathrooms or laundry rooms (refer to installation guide on wet areas)
- ECONOMICAL - Get the gorgeous timber look for a fraction of the price; also no need to spend on underlay as it can be installed as-is on the subfloor
- SAFE - Easy-to-clean and has low VOC (volatile organic compounds) composition that makes the floorboards asthma- and allergy-friendly
- ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE - Comes with 1mm 5-star rated acoustic underlay for a more comfortable and softer underfoot; ideal for multiple storey apartments
- EASY INSTALLATION - Faster to install than glued-down floors with the click-system installation—no extra tools required; directly on subfloor and over hydronic heated slabs (must not exceed 26°C at any time)
|WATERPROOF PLANKS||180mm wide x 1520mm long x 6mm thick. 100% waterproof floorboards with stone plastic composite (SPC) for enhanced durability.|
|WEAR AND BACK LAYERS||0.5mm woodgrain top layer and 1mm acoustic underlay for quiet & soft feeling underfoot.|
|CONSTRUCTION||Floated directly on subfloor. No underlay required.|
|PLANK SIZING||Supplied in full length boards|
|COLOUR||SCENIC presents a light taupe colour with grain patterns, replicating the seamless and appealing appearance of modern timber floorboards.|
|FINISH||Embossed woodgrain surface with lacquer matte finish for easy maintenance.|
|EDGING||Micro bevel edge on 4 sides for additional depth|
|JOINT SYSTEM||Angle to angle locking system|
|PACK DETAILS||Sealed cartons of 7 planks. Coverage of 1.9152m2 per carton. Carton weight of 19.6kg.|
|TESTING & COMPLIANCE||5-star acoustic rating. Fully tested and passed in Australia for reaction to fire (burning behaviour), fire safety (heat and smoke release rates), dry slip (slip resistance), and emissions (organic emissions)|
Complete Your Flooring Needs with Matching Accessories
Hybrid floorboards from the Kodiak Hybrid Collection include 1mm acoustic underlay upon purchase. Make sure you order other matching accessories (scotia, nosing, trims) you need at once. We will deliver it all with your floorboards. We recommend you consider the following:
|What coverage do you need?||Need transition trims?||Need stair bull nosing?||Need scotia (edging/moulding)?|
Calculate the floor surface area required in square metres. Include doorways and stairways. Add up to 10% as a buffer for wastage and to allow you to stagger board lengths efficiently.
Continue your floor scheme with high-quality C-chanel aluminium floor trims in matching colour that allow a neat transition between hybrid flooring and carpet/tiles/sliding door tracks.
Architecturally designed solid oak stair nosing is your best choice - available in all the Kodiak finishes. This is only available to be purchased with a floor board order.
Use scotia edging trims to cover perimeter expansion gaps along skirting boards, walls, kitchen kickboards and cabinets. Available in all the Kodiak finishes.
Kodiak Hybrid Flooring Easy Installation
Installation of these floorboards is easier than you think. Hybrid flooring includes pre-attached 1mm acoustic underlay which is adequate for most residential installations, hence they can be installed as-is over sub-floor. Featuring an angle-to-angle click system that saves time on installation.
Download the Kodiak Hybrid Floorboard Installation Instructions - they are important to ensure your hybrid floor is installed properly and covered fully by the warranty.
Care and Maintenance to Ensure Longevity
Hybrid flooring is very resilient to wear, but it's important to understand the simple maintenance procedures that will ensure your new floor is protected and stays looking beautiful.
Download the Kodiak Hybrid Floorboard Care Brochure to understand how to keep it in pristine condition for years to come.